
Progress is being made at last. I stepped on the scales that have up until now been the bane of my life. Well, since I bought them last year! I thought, as you do, that they were broken, because the bloody dial never seemed to shift from the point of YOU ARE AN OVERWEIGHT MAMPY. But today I hopped on, just to check, and 10 lovely pounds or 5kgs I think, have melted from my body *cue Cheshire Cat grin*. Yay. Just in time for my trip to Hotlanta. Unfortunately, this being my life, things aren't quite as perfect as I would like. I have a nice big cold sore on my bottom lip. No I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that I was out all hours on the weekend. I think it was the killer bike ride I did on Friday from south London to Labroke Grove. Boyyy, the things you'll do for a free meal. I was busted when I got home, and Saturday too. The fact that I have been looking at the damn thing every half hour has not helped it to go away any faster. And the sucker hurts too. Oh, the shame.
Never mind, you can't have it all. I shall just have to dazzle them with my faaabulous British style and panache, and hope they won't notice the cornflake on my liz-zle (see what I did there).
As usual, my packing leaves plenty to be desired. Just take it all, and cry when they say the case is overweight and I have to take stuff out. Oh, and clever me checked the weather report after I had packed all the floaty fabrics, and lightweight summer frocks. The forecast is showers, thunderstorms, and showers. All week. What the? And here's me thinking I would be escaping the disaster zone we call summer here in Britain. Think I'll have to dig out the so last year cowboy boots. They look vintage anyway, and what's a girl to do? Gees up A-Town!
No comments:
Post a Comment