
In my many attempts at gaining and maintaining fitness, I have accumulated a virtual arsenal of fitness kit and accessories. I have a step aerobics box and video which I used to drop the 20 plus pounds of baby fat I was carrying after having Clarke. I have video's including Tae-Bo, a kickboxing workout, Elle 'the Body' McPherson's video, which annoyed me intensely, and a couple Karen Voights, which had bad music. And the Hip-Hop dance video, which must be for geriatrics cos those moves would not make anyone under 50 buss a sweat. I have pink boxing gloves for the boxing class I want to attend, but due to time constraints just can't seem to make it. And I have a skipping rope.
Having last skipped when at school, believe me, it is no easy option. Inspired by footage of Ali training in the gym I bought a leather skipping rope, tried it, and was exhausted after less than five minutes. The rope then sat forlorn on a shelf for about two years, until I picked it up after my boxing class a few months back. Part of the workout was skipping and I was crap. You know black people don't like to take shame, so I decided to practise at home for the next class. I found it impossible to get all the way through Beyonce's Crazy in Love without tripping on the rope, and Ciara's Goodies was even worse. But a couple of months later, it's much better. Though it might look a bit weird to the people walking past my curtain-less living room.
1 comment:
It's a great all-round fatburner. The abs have started to reform nicely.
Post a Comment