
I sometimes wonder if the reason I don’t get approached a lot is because men consider me to be ‘high maintenance’. Which I take as code to mean: "A sista who won’t take yo' shit, and ain't looking to you to finance her expensive shoe habit'.
I look after my skin, my hair, and my body. I rarely visit beauty salons, or ’hair-messers’. The most I do is the odd pedicure, cos I like my stils, and it’s not about the orange rind skin on the feet. I tried high-maintenance once, when I went to have a bikini wax. Now, it wasn't just a fashion ting, it's a necessity if you want to look good in your silk panties (see Love Kylie on Figleaves.com). Even if no one special ain't seeing them.
I went to a woman who owns two salons locally. It wasn’t too bad pain wise. But she managed to scald a patch of skin on my thigh with the hot wax. Anyway, I must have forgot about that because I went back for another dose. Well this time was even worse. That woman had me in positions I ain’t even let a man bend me into. She had my leg on her shoulder, and was ripping five kinds of hell out of my bikini line! More embarassingly, her hands were touching parts not ever touched by a woman, except maybe my mother, when I was a baby. I know we’re both women but I didn’t realise that by entering her beauty salon I was sanctioning her to get quite so intimate with my privates. I left that salon walking like a porn actress.
Other women I've spoken to have complained of similar treatment at the hands of their waxer. If this is being high-maintenance you can stick it where the wax don't reach - unless you're David Beckham that is. Fuck dat. I be keeping my privates, PRI-VATE!
2 comments:
LOL!!
You sure can go on a tangent!!!
LOL 2nd best joke of my day...
the 1st being the ebay shopper from... well somewhere..
see LOL link...
I love your definition of high maintenance...
"A sista who won’t take yo' shit, and ain't looking to you to finance her expensive shoe habit'. I have been called that a few times myself. ;-)
Re: Waxing
That sounds all types of painful, Ouch! I have waxed but have done it myself. I have never gone to a salon for the treatment.
Post a Comment