B is wearing the hell out of the hottest dress of the A/W fashion season. Roland Mouret's 'Galaxy' dress. Go head with your bad self. It's perfect for her curvaceous figure. Not sure about the earrings though.
If I had a spare £800, you done know I would be squeezing my phat ass into one. This is one frock, where the high street copy just won't do.
It's been said that women don't actually dress up for men, but rather for other women. Well, judging by the nightmares before Xmas I saw at the bar last Friday, I would disagree. Cos none of them women were dressing for me.
The popular look of the night was a corset, with a 'greyhound' mini-skirt. You know, a skirt so short you can see the hair. Boom, boom. Never tire of that one. Unfortunately most of these women don't seem to understand the concept of a corset. Dem tings are supposed to hold you in and create a waist. They never said they could create MIRACLES. If your waist is like a darts player, girlfriend, please step away from the corset. It ain't right.
The great thing about Beyonce's dress is that it is sexy without having the chest and batty spilling out all over the place. Now I ain't gone lie, I've worn my fair share of 'slutty' clothes, chest revealing dresses, and mini-skirts. But there comes a time when you've got to be real with yourself. Or your friends (if you have them - which I don't think these women do) will be.
No one's saying you have to be pencil thin to wear a short skirt, but there is a simple rule, if you're wearing the mini, don't have the chest out of doors. And vice-versa. Try to have a lil decorum. I'm sure the brothers will disagree with me on this one! But from the amount of women that I saw leaving on their own, the corset-mini look wasn't working it's magic.
For some women, there is a distinct gap between how they dress and they're actual personality. I know women, with great figures, so yes, they can wear the shorts and the chest-baring tops and look good, but they are actually really shy, and would never approach a guy, and guys hesistate to approach them. I figure it's because the guys think twice about approaching someone who looks really sexy, as men can be pussies when it comes to stepping to women. Rejection is a dish served cold.
It's good to wear clothes that make you feel sexually confident, but how about trying something that just makes you feel confident, and serve the sexuality as a side dish. Just a thought.
Saturday, November 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You can't be scared approaching women. They'll reject your ass for all sorts of reasons, rational and irrational. That's why I remain aggressive and focused. And also I get to save money by tasting all varieties of drinks splashed into my rude assed face.
KZ
If a man had the balls to cross the room and talk to me, hell I'd buy the muthafucker a drink!
I always reject men whose names contain the letter Z. I just can't get on with the letter Z! ; )
I enjoyed this post. We're must be related somehow...I've been looking for a knock off version of this dress in my size and haven't come across it yet...I'm seriously considering looking up a seamstress.
It's true about men. I've been told that men won't approach a woman who's too confident because they are afraid of rejection. Men can sniff out confident women, no matter what they're wearing...Being the dogs they are. :-)
It's so true CC. I've tried dressing more 'feminine' rather than too 'fashionable', and less 'slutty', but it's not made a difference. So now I just try to be true to me.
The seamstress is the way to go - not sure the version I'm trying to get will fit like a glove so may have to get it altered for a proper fit. Amazing dress isn't it. *Sighs*
the trouble with getting a high-street copy of that dress is that it won't have the miraculous corset-lining waspie waist thing. it will have some tight lycra, to save money.
and that will leave anyone who weighs more than 4st looking like an overfilled sausage casing, in my opinion...
If that were true, the same could be said for pencil skirts, or any other type of fitted dress. This dress is made for curvy people with or without Mouret's wonder-corset. The only item of clothing that should be avoided if you are over 4st, are leggings! They have used lycra in the copy, but the one I tried was too big, and I suspect the 14 may be too. If you don't get a dead fit, it won't look good.
Post a Comment