Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Dress Update: Disappointment


Like I said in my original post: "This is one dress where the high street copy won't do." And I was right.

Travelled to Kingston (Eng-er-land) to pick up the dresses I tracked down . First of all, the trains were buggered, due to a fire at Clapham Junction. None were coming when I was at the station at 10am, so I went home, and came back later after lunch.

When I arrived at the store, the dresses I'd put on hold were nowhere to be found. Someone had put them back on the shopfloor, even though I had impressed on the sales assistant I'd spoken that she should store the dresses in a secure place so this would not happen. She was very apologetic. Stop apologising bitch and go find de dress dem!

While waiting for them to locate the dresses, I came across one in my size on the shopfloor which I grabbed. I felt the other shopper's eyes on me as I wandered around the store so went to the changing room to escape them and try it on.

The Verdict?

Ummmmm. There was no 'TA DAAAA' moment. No, 'THIS DRESS LOOKS BANGIN. ON ME!' moment. No, 'ME AH DE MAN DEM GIZZARDA' dancin' in the changing room moment. Just me looking at my reflection and wishing I had all those feelings, and knowing I didn't. I went onto the shopfloor and tried on a pair of stilettoes with it. The extra inches helped (don't they always) but the dress is a couple of inches shorter than I would like. Probably due to fact that a lot of the fabric is used up covering my ass. It's on the knee, and due to the tightness of the fit rides higher when you walk. The fabric is very thin, and basically screams 'CHEAP KNOCKOFF'.

Even though as I was examining my rear in the mirror on the shopfloor, I got the double look of 'damn your ass is phat' approval from a homeboy walking through the store, for me, the TopShop dress nah mek it.

3 comments:

Chubby Chocolate said...

I'm dying over here!!!
'ME AH DE MAN DEM GIZZARDA...' I remember that song!!! Oh, you've brought back tooo many memories...(((tear drop))).

Sorry to hear about the dress. But wasn't the hunt fun?

Butterfly Jones said...

Yeah I loved the hunt. I'm not gutted, I'd rather not buy that be stuck with something that ain't right.

You know I love the bashment. Saw Bounty Killa perform in JA at James Bond Beach - wicked!

Nneka's World said...

Sorry about the dress, i know the feeling!
Goodluck on your quitting the smokers club!