Thursday, September 22, 2005

"Your Mum's A Crackhead!"


It matters little that I've not posted for three days. There's only one story in town: CRACKHEAD KATE. Yes, Kate Moss has finally received the proverbial kick up the jacksy from the British press which has resulted in the loss of several of her lucrative modelling contracts (you know, the ones Naomi never got). As exposes go, this is about as surprising as the headline Dog Bites Man. A woman who earns her living from maintaining the frame of an undernourished child in order to sell clothes which only celebrities, dowagers, and the debt-ridden can afford, has been caught taking cocaine, the party drug known to be an appetite supressant, which helps you stay slim. Quelle horreurs! Oh, and she's descended into the depths of Beelzebub, as she's now also taking crack. I've not been so underwhelmed by a news story since I saw the Queen's breakfast table filled with Tupperware.
One of the most disgusting aspects has been the fashion worlds' rush to her defence. Vanessa Feltz said on BBC London that The Times fashion editor Lisa Armstrong said Kate had been "a bit naughty". But then, what do you expect from a culture which has been pushing the 'by any means necessary' beauty ideal, for centuries. Half of them are using it too. As Martha Daley pointed out, if it had been Naomi, the reaction would have been slightly different.
Should Moss lose her contracts? The hypocrisy of this world knows no bounds. The fashion houses present a facade of perfection to seduce consumers into buying their goods, but know they are building these ideals on foundations of sand. Don't tell me these people didn't know about Kate Moss's drug habit? I'm an addict. I'm addicted to cigarettes, and generally need to smoke one every 3 hours. If you do coke, chances are you're going to need a regular hit - all them trips to the toilet will hardly go unnoticed - but Kate Moss is one of the celebrity world's biggest icons, a licence to print money, so they chose to ignore it preferring instead to profit off the colt-thin 30-somethings continuing coolness.
But what really grates, is that it took so long for their response, and you knew that they didn't really want to drop her, but that they had no choice. Not even for Moss could they be seen to condone class A drug abuse. Personally I hope this serves as a wake-up call to the lost druggy bitch. She's caught up with that trampy, starvin' artist, Pete Doherty - a man that looks like he's got six types of dirt ground into him - and the loser in all this, is her accessory, sorry, child, Lila Grace. You wouldn't know from all the publicity she receives for her Glastonbury, and arguments with Pete antics, but she does indeed have a daughter. I wonder how Mossy will feel when one day Lila G comes home from her posh prep school and asks" "Mum, are you a crackhead?"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that should be "Your mum's a crackhead" not "You're mum's..."

Sarah Jane said...

You just know she's gonna get away with it in the long run, these Primrose Hill trendies HAVE to live unconventionally - it's all they really have about them. Her kid is probably gonna grow up to be another Peaches, if she was mine I'd be scared!

Soul Searching said...

Damn, did you see those nasty ass legs?! Not cute.

Butterfly Jones said...

Thanks to my anonymous sub-editor. I plead illness as a defence for sloppy headline. And yes, you know she'll be back, give her six months, a stint in rehab, and they'll be throwiing those contracts back at her.

Butterfly Jones said...

Thanks to my anonymous sub-editor. I plead illness as a defence for sloppy headline. And yes, you know she'll be back, give her six months, a stint in rehab, and they'll be throwiing those contracts back at her.

chrome said...

I cant figure why the press are hating on this woman. typical british ish.

@anon u must be one of those, you know, the ones that cant help themselves yeah?

Anonymous said...

*applauds post*

PS That actually wasn't me (I know you think it was) sub-editing, B. ;)

Butterfly Jones said...

Oh. Haha. Seems I have more than one unpaid sub-editor.
Obi, one reasons why they have gone in with steel toe-caps on Moss is that she sued the Sunday Mirror for saying she had passed out at a party due to her drug use, and she swore that she didn't do class A. I guess she just thought the coke was sherbet dip.

Anon Emous said...

You are a good wordsmith.. nice to read something intelligently written. Keep up the good work.

Now, just a very small suggestion: Please leave some white space between paragraphs. It makes it easier on your readers. Thanks!!

:-)

Chubby Chocolate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chubby Chocolate said...

That got a lot of press here in the states too. It's amazing how the fashion industry will tuck in under the carpet, thinking the publc is so half wit that we don't know of her habit. Let the press get proof and display it to the masses and the industry want to become self-righteous. I think they continue with her contracts! They knew all along. Such hippo's!