
Damn I felt lazy today. I have no idea why, because I did 'jack' all weekend. Daughter off school due to 'flooding' from torrential rain on Friday. I was meant to start my work experience (see working for no cash) today, but forgot I hadn't confirmed it. But they said it was okay to come tomorrow. That gives me another 24 hours to work up some ideas to blow them away and get a J.O.B out of them. We live in hope. So what did I do? After a morning run, which was short and fast, I showered, and packed off daughter with Father of Clarke for the day, and then I got reacquainted with my sofa. One nap later, I caught some cricket. Wickets falling fast and furiously, not looking good for Eng-er-land. Had some breakfast. Then moved upstairs to daughter's room where she has a new tv. Got in her bed, the cricket watched me.
A couple hours later. Moved back downstairs, more cricket. I just couldn't move from it. People (see men) keep asking me if I 'understand it'. I don't know about you, but I tend not to spend hours watching sport I can't understand. Pietersen made a century (that's a 100 runs for those that don't understand cricket) things were looking up.
Popped to the shop to buy the new-look 'Berliner' Guardian. No longer a broadsheet, but not a tabloid either. Colour pics on every page. Not sure about the lowercase, 'bell hooks' style title, but I shall reserve judgement until I've read it throughly, still it's a big event in the newspaper world.
I was on the sofa sucking my thumb when daughter and Father Of returned. We watched as Australia left the field due to 'poor light'. I knew that was it. Poor show by the Aussies I thought, not declaring while still on the field. I guess they were gutted, and like American teams, are poor losers - Ryder Cup anyone.
It was England wot won it.
1 comment:
Hey Butterfly!
Just wanted to invite you to THE FOXYBROWN SHOW!
Enjoy!
Post a Comment