Saturday, September 17, 2005

That's A Good Look II


KanYe West on CD:UK. I love the way he dresses. And you know he loves it too, cos homeboy ain't the most modest of people.
He's right on the button for autumn/winter men's fashions. Tailoring and suits are big this season. Like you care. I know men seem to be attached to comfortable clothes, but y'all need to embrace your inner Dapper Dan. A man in a suit, and a nice shirt will get more attention from ladies, projects authority, and maturity. Don't just save them for weddings and christenings. I love to see men smartly dressed, wearing shirts, trousers, and nice shoes. Women always look at men's shoes, and a lot of men get dissed because they're shoes are not up too much. I wouldn't rule someone out because they're wearing wack shoes, but if things got serious, I would politely encourage them to try something new. For some men, it's about confidence, but others never got out of their teenage hip-hop mindset, and will only be separated from their Air Force 1s when the Grim Reaper comes a calling.
These days you can't tell the difference between a man aged 25, and one aged 35. They'll both be wearing trainers, baggy jeans, and some branded sweatshirt. Unless they're gay or into fashion. No, it ain't the same thing!
Seeing a man in a suit has an affect on me which I can only compare to a man seeing a woman wearing not very much. But I admit a fit man in a 'wifebeater' also has that affect. Hey, I'm only human!
When I go raving, most women are usually really up-to-date and fashionable, but the men for the most part look ten years out of date, in some ugly printed shirt, and shiny pleated trousers. As Dizzee Rascal said: "Fix Up, Look Sharp." Those that can, do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*yawns*

Butterfly Jones said...

You wouldn't let it lie.