Friday, September 09, 2005

Porridge


Back on the fitness trail today. It's been a week, since I did anything. Where did that week go? Walked Clarkie to the station just after 7.30am to meet a couple of her schoolmates. And then ran the bridges, Vauxhall to Lambeth. Despite the layoff, I felt okay, and was running at a good pace. New music from Little Brother, Raheem Devaughn, and some Missy helped propel me round in no time. Did sit-ups, squats, lunges etc in the garden. Considering the lack of action in the last week (not that kinda action - well actually yes, that kinda action too), it made me feel real good, like Billy Bob Thornton LOL! But naughty Butterfly, must stick to a routine, seven days is too long to go without a workout.
My eating has been slightly erratic, see undisciplined, so I decided to start the day with porridge because it's good at keeping you going for a while. Basically, it means I won't cave in at 11am and start shoveling everything in sight into my cakehole.
I read somewhere that you should add a teaspoon of peanut butter to porridge. Can't remember where, maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. Anyway I tried it, because it's important to eat some protein at every meal to keep your blood suger level. If I don't eat well in the morning, the rest of the day usually goes pearshaped, like my lower-body. And that is what we is trying to get away from. I added some almonds, and a teaspoon of peanut butter to the porridge. It tasted alright, but then, I like peanut butter.
I'll be working in Farringdon at The Observer Magazine next week, so the plan is to run home alternate days, and walk or cycle home on non-running days. Watch this (cyber)space.

2 comments:

Soul Searching said...

doesn't it feel good?? Honestly I don't quite remember, so I'm going to look to you for the inspiration I desperately need right now to get off my ass and hit that treadmill that's been sitting in my dining room for 3 months! I got the eating down, but I seem to find any excuse in the world to not use that treadmill - which I bought because i was sick of my gym excuses! Argh!!!

Anonymous said...

This is very informative. I hope to see more in the near future