I have been feeling hella stressed lately. Working six days a week is not a good look for the Butterfly, although it certainly helps when you pop into Kurt Geiger on a whim and drop £70 on a hot pair of fuck-me-pumps. For two evenings when I came home after work, I put the shoes on, and just sat on the sofa smiling to myself. I wanted to fuck myself when I put the shoes on. Black patent peep-toes, with a white platform sole and 4 inch stacked heel. Coming to a rave near you, soon.
Saturday night's rave was a 'duty rave'. A duty rave is one where you have a 'duty' to represent. A couple of the DJs we know were having their 'birthday dance'. Otherwise known as a creative way to make money. But, if certain mans is laying off free tickets to you throughout the year, you got to represent at the birthday dance. It would be rude not to.
People always say to me, "Oh my god, do you still rave..?" In the same sort of way that they might say: "Ohmigod you have crabs?". And although I wasn't desperate to go out on Saturday, it turned into a good night out. I must have been feeling haps because I told Gee to get the £55 bottle of Veuve Cliquot instead of £30 Lanson. That disappeared quite quickly, unfortunately I never did get the hang of sipping champagne. And I was rather disgusted that I had to drink it out of a plastic cup. I mean, £55 for a bottle of champagne and you have to drink out of plastic. But when I looked around the club, everybody was holding a glass of champagne. Figures.
Downstairs was crazy busy, and we had had to queue for 20 minutes to get in. It was just too manic so we headed upstairs with all the 'big people'. Saw a couple heads in there, my friend B'baller was in the house celebrating his birthday, so he topped me up with a house party measure of brandy. That was it, head lick off. The whole place was jam, and lively, sing out crew in the house, and despite how ram it was, no bad vibes.
I saw Very Married. We met recently through mutual friends I would have been interested were it not for the significant fact that he's Very Married. VM wants to take me out for dinner to a Thai restaurant. I'm not mad about Thai food. The menu's so fucking long, and I don't know what most of it is, and I'm sick of the Thai green curry. He says he likes me with a capital L. As the song goes, 'If a man a run you down gyal ah nuh fe yuh fault, tek 'im, tek 'im.' It's a good thing I'm not green like cut grass or else I might just take that foolishness seriously. Directly, as I'm not looking to get lick down in the street by no dogged-out girl over her triflin' man, I think I'll pass. But he's GFC (Good For a Crub).
Last week, I was talking to a cab driver saying I was looking forward to weekend, and going clubbing, and he asked me will there be many white people there. 'No not really'. So he says 'do you think it's because they will feel intimidated'. Now I've heard this bollocks quite a bit from white people. But when I go to the pub, a bar, or a party with my friends from my journalism course, I am usually one of very few black folk there. Do I care? I'm there because I want to be there, and 'I AINT NEVER SCARED'!
In our group, I am the only black person. I am not afraid to go anywhere where the majority of people are white. Except the deep south of the USA because someone called me a nigga as they drove past. So why should white people be? I said to him, the reason why few white people go is because they're not necessarily into black music, and I couldn't even begin to explain to him what 'rare groove' is. It's just a completely different thing culturally. For instance, most black people are not trying to go to some dingy club in Camden and listen to live bands standing on a dancefloor covered in beer. It's not because they are intimidated or 'fraid, it just ain't they're thing.
The white people that do go to 'circuit' raves, go because they have friends on that scene, and they like the music and understand the vibe. Oh and the white girls love a black man. Let's be real. But soon in the name of social interaction I'm going to bring a couple of my white friends to a rave with me, because they have expressed an interest in going. So if you see me in a dance soon crubbing with a white man, you know why.
Anyways, for some people the 'circuit' is not for them. And that's cool. But I just can't take the snobbery involved. 'Oh I don't go to THOSE type of raves'. What you mean is raves that aren't full of try-hard black people wearing drainpipes, mohican hairstyles and snorting coke (and that's just the men). 'It's so old-fashioned, nothing changes, they play the same music'. There's no decent man there (ok that bit's true).
But I put it to you, if you haven't been to a circuit dance lately, how the fuck would you know?
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
faster money
From: joe
Date: 9/13/2003
Time: 5:12:25 PM
Remote Name: 24.225.152.219
Comments
$$$$$ NEED MONEY RIGHT NOW? $$$$$ GUARANTEED-you WILL have $7,000 in two weeks ONLY $12 TO $14 Total Cost, 1 HOUR OF WORK and NO MAILING LISTS “GIFTING CLUB” PLEASE READ TO FIND OUT HOW!
If you want to make a few thousand dollars really quickly, then please take a moment to read and understand the MLM program I am sharing with you. NO, it is Not what you think! YOU DO NOT have to spend $5 to five people to buy a report, get on their mailing list, OR buy a recipe or any other product. NOR will you need to invest more money later to get things going. This is the fastest, easiest program you will ever be able to do. Complete it in One hour and you will never forget the day you first received it in the mail or online. If you are doing other programs, by all means stay with them. The more the merrier! But Please read on.
First of all, there are only three levels, not four, five or six, like many other programs. This three level program is more realistic and much, much faster. Because it is so easy, the response rate for this program is Very high and Very fast. And you receive your reward in about fourteen days. That’s only Two weeks -not three months. Just in time for next month’s bills!!!!!!!!!!!
HERE ARE THE SIMPLE DETAILS
You mail our 20 copies (not 200 or more as in other programs) or post 20 on the internet. You should send them to people who send you their programs, because they are already believers and your program is better and faster or post them in chat forums or on message boards. Even if you are already in a program, continue to stay with it, but do yourself a favor and DO THIS ONE as well. RIGHT NOW! It is simple and takes a very small investment, not hundreds of dollars. And it will pay you before other letters even begin to trickle in!!
Just give one person $5. That’s it! That’s all! Follow the simple instructions and in two weeks you should have at least seen $7,000 because most people will respond due to the low investment, speed, and huge profit potential. We are now at a 50% response rate! That’s a $10,000 return. So let’s all keep it going and help each other in these tough times.
1. On a blank sheet of paper write your name and address clearly and fold it around a five-dollar bill. Send this to the first name on the list. Only the first person on the list gets your name and a five-dollar gift.
2. Retype the list only, removing the first (#1) name from the list. Move the other two names up and add your name to the list in the third (#3) position.
3. Paste your newly typed list neatly over the old one and make 20 copies of this letter and send to 20 prospects or post 20 on the internet on message boards or chat forums. An excellent source of names is the people who send you other programs, and the names listed on the letter that they send you. Do it right away. It’s so easy, Don’t mull it over, One hour! That’s it!
There is no more to do. When your name reaches the first position in a few days, it will be your turn to collect your gifts. The gifts will be sent to you by over 1,500 to 2,000 people like yourself who are willing to invest $5 and one hours to receive $7,000 in cash. Your entire investment will be about $5 to $14 including the $5 gift you sent the first name on the list, envelopes, copies, and stamps. That’s all! There will be a total of $7,000 dollars in your mailbox in $5 bills in two weeks. Consider that!
CAN I DO IT AGAIN?
OF COURSE, No mailing lists to buy and wait for. No further trips to the printer or copier. And now you can do it again over and over with your regular group of gifters. Why not? It beats working! Each time you receive a MLM offer in the mail, respond with This letter! Your name will climb position at a Dizzying geometric rate. I just spent two weeks in Manhattan at the Plaza seeing every show and attending every concert I wanted to and I haven’t worked in three months.
Some people may want to purchase a mailing list of opportunity seekers and send out 200 or more. That’s fine. You can if you want to. That decision is yours to make. The possibilities are great. But we are enjoying a 50% rate to this letter. Not interested? C’mon you have nothing to lose! Experimentation? One hour of your time and about $12 to $14!
ACT FAST AND GET MONEY FAST HONESTY AND INTEGRITY MAKE THIS PLAN WORK COPY THE NAMES CAREFULLY AAND ENJOY YOUR MONEY!!
1.ANNA MITCHELL 726 LAZY CREEK RD. ALBERTVILLE, AL 35950
2.HANANE BOUCHAN Quartier administratif Ouled Berrehil Taroudant Maroc
3.Joseph Cladd 91 Churchill Ave. Somerset, NJ 08873
Don't be afraid of the deep south USA. Its lovely in the Dirty Dirty as we call it. Didn't you have a good time in Atlanta? Yes we have racism and I'm not proud of it but its not a south thing its a U-S-A thing.
Now on to the shoes. We want pictures, as a matter of fact include the legs that accompany them. In the words of Mars Blackmon; "Its gotta be the shoes".
(Spike Lee Character in Michael Jordon Nike commercials)
i agree with you about the 'circuit' raves, if you ain't been there in ages how the hell you gonna know what their like... but when you been raving as long as you have 'butterfly' you can overstand that some of the raves are the 'same ole, same ole' but if it's a freeness...
But girl you give me joke bout you f-me shoes, i could just imagine you wearing the shoes in your yard, coz that's the foolishness i'd do l.o.l
A circuit rave...those were the days...can't wait to go to one of them. Again!
Post a Comment