Monday, April 24, 2006

Girlfight!


While mum was out getting drunk and disorderly. Mini-me was getting into a beef of her own. I blame the parents. She went on a day trip to France with school on Friday, and when she returned home solemn faced on Sunday evening after spending the weekend with her cousins, she spilled the beans about her eventful day in France.

As well as treating herself to some black, rainbow trim pumps from H&M, and me to a lookey-likey Faberge egg/jewellery box, she managed to be late back to the coach, and have a fight in full view of the teachers. Duh! First rule of school fights, wait until you leave the gates. Although I’ll admit I often couldn’t.

I shook my head, said she needed to do some damage limitation in the form of a written apology, and accept whatever punishment was coming her way gracefully. In her favour, the other girl struck the first blow, Clarkie said she was egged on by her peers "oi you got violated cuz", and responded. The old headlock and t’umps to the head manouevre. That's a good look.

Not sure I was supposed to laugh at that bit, or the news that she has been given two days in the ‘sin bin’ or ‘intensive support’ as they call it these days for lessons on anger management. LOL! I wonder if they can fit me in too....The other girl got excluded (again). This is Clarke’s first ever secondary school fight. It’s amazing how they grow up so quickly. Just thinking about it makes me crack up. First school trip and you have a fight on the coach. That's just madness cuz. Am glad I cancelled the week-long trip to Spain. After desperately trying to maintain serious Mother mode, and trying my best to show her that I didn't condone that sort of behaviour, I had to ask the question.

“Did you win?”.

4 comments:

Knockout Zed said...

You gotta know if they won. Otherwise it's a double fuck up.

"You lost AND you got in trouble?"

KZ

Butterfly Jones said...

Exactly! You got two days in the 'sin bin' and you didn't even win?!? My mum used to take us back to the school if we came in crying about someone who hit us, we would find the kid, and then she made us beat them up! LOL. My mum was terrible. Jamaican innit.

Chubby Chocolate said...

I fought a lot in grade school and once in middle school. One time the neighborhood bully and I had a romp and when I came home crying, my father and uncle (who was visiting from Shepards Bush!) took me back out there to fight him again. This time I whopped his ass!

It helped to have Daddy cheering me on. That was the last time I lost a fight. :-)

Butterfly Jones said...

You know I had that same experience with my mum Chubby. Dems the old school ways. I wasn't upset with Clarke, but just thought it was the right response at the wrong time.