
Although I'm quite a driven, ambitious person. I've found that nothing motivates me quite as much as knowing that my girlfriends are doing something. And this doesn't mean that I follow them blindly into incidents that lead me to jump off a cliff.
Take snowboarding. Two of my girlfriends did it before I tried it. I'd long wanted to since first learning to ski as a teenager. Despite learning in minus 20 degree weather (the coldest in Canada for 40 years) I refused to give up. If they can do it, so can I. I was on that piste taking the illest drops for seven days. Battered and bruised after one particularly bad wipeout, I retired crying to the bar on the mountaintop. But I never gave up, and now I'm lovin' it. I am a woman, and as such have been socially programmed to compete with other women.
Was talking to Gina Ling last night about our impending girls holiday to Malaga. We have four months to get bikini fit, and the other members of the No Check Crew are already in training for the various beach and pool parties we will be attending. Gina is looking fabulous, she's already dropped some weight, and is bussin' the Kate Moss leggings how it should look, with a little junk in the trunk.
Meanwhile, the threat of being seen half-nekkid on a beach looms and what am I doing? Eating chips, rediscovering the joys of Twix (they taste so good), drinking to excess and consoling myself with that sedative in a tub, Haagen Daz. Ah hell fucking no. We're not going back down that flabby route again. It's time to rein in that fat creating behaviour in. So Sunday night I scheduled my new training programme on my electronic diary. A daily, run or walk for 30 minutes.
Monday morning: The sofa wouldn't let me get up.
Monday evening: Butterfly speaks to Gina, and discovers that she and Michie Wong are already running regularly three times a week. Damn, if they can do it so can I.
Monday night: Before I went to bed I laid out my running clothes, and dusted off the ugly running trainers.
Tuesday morning: Butterfly jumps into her running clothes, and heads to Kennington Park. She puffs and pants her way around five times, before retiring triumphantly. She gets a toot from a man in a Lambeth Refuse Truck.
Things are looking up.
5 comments:
ooohhh have fun in Malaga! Know a few people that are going bu tI'm quite selfish with my holidays (meaning I want to see NO ONE from the "circuit").
Good on the running. I've been Tae-Boin' it every morning & went to the gym this eve..have dropped some weight already.
Next I wanna hear about your bikini shoppin'!
Why do you think I'm desperate to get in shape? If I didn't know people that we're going I seriously wouldn't care! The Tae-Bo DVDs are good. Must dust mine off.
I've started bikini research, and will keep you posted!
Lucky you! Oh well get prepared.
I know about the exercise thing, i have been procrastinating about it for like a week now.
Must take daily walk, but so far i have only managed to trek to the bustop. Oh well today is another day, go for a nice long 30min walk!
Oh lord, why are we so much alike!! The sun is shining in the Bay Area after three months of rain and the ho's are already out there prancing like peacocks.
I haven't hit the gym in two months and my jeans are tired of telling on me...You'll rock that bikini in Malaga! We've both got that ambitious Aries drive! I'm starting my revised exercise routine next week..My goal is to run around the lake at least three times a week: Have to actually walk around it first..Baby steps..I'm traveling to Belize at the end of the year,so I have some time to knock off this winter coat for a two piece! I'll keep you posted! Sorry for posting on your blog!
I need to get serious because this woman who was at least 60 out speed-walked me at the health spa on Saturday morning!
Post a Comment