Remind me not to give the blog addy to guys with ‘motential’ as it means I cannot chat the business if things don’t really work out. Despite my last hope-filled post, let’s just say there is absolutely no fear that I will be off the dating shelf anytime soon.
It’s a tricky thing when you start seeing someone, and I think if you start to fear letting go of your single gal freedom, then you know that he’s not the guy.
Anyway I consoled myself by hitting the shops in time-honoured Butterfly Jones fashion and picking up some shoes. In the last week, I bought six pairs of shoes. The sweetest thing is three of them I’d had my eye on them from way back when, but couldn’t afford them, or didn’t need them so managed to restrain myself. And as a result I saved myself hundreds of pounds. So when I feel a bit crap, I go put on a pair of the sparkliest, twinkliest shoes I own, and sit on sofa looking at my feet. I kid you not. Pure unadulterated Rabbit-free joy.
It’s been a busy week socially, but tonight is the big one. The 'Ghetto Oscars' as a friend of mine called it. Big birthday dance on The Circuit, one of the name-brand DJs from Hyper crew, so it’s a bit of a ‘duty rave’. Basically, if you don’t represent, mans is going to be upset. Why? Because throughout the year, more time we always get squeezes (freeness), or discount to go to dances, but when it’s the birthday dance, everyone’s supposed to represent, buy a ticket (no freeness) and make sure the dance is ram. We didn’t go to his New Year’s dance and apparently, as we found out when we passed a rave at Illusions a couple weeks ago, mans was screwing. Ah so we name mention. Gossip on the circuit is that we didn’t want to pay. Deep. After we all ah work, and have money inna we pocket. Chat bout.
So today I went to Groom and got waxed and plucked. It's a beauty salon in Selfridges where you have two therapists working on you at the same time and you can pick and choose what treatments you want. I had a half-hour waxing package, leg, bikini line and underarm (plus lip wax - shame) and it cost £70.
And went to Scholl to see the podiatrist to sort out the 'hooves' my feet were fast turning into. I think even she was shocked at the amount of hard skin she had to remove, because she said I MUST rebook for three months time!
I had my nails done on Thursday, so I'm good to go. Just need to decide which out of the six new pairs of shoes I can wear, and last the whole night in. It's not about changing into flats.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment