
The long hot week and weekend was very welcome. I upped my cycling quota, and even ran into work one morning (to Tower Hill/Wapping) doing my best Kelly Holmes impression (and no I don't mean looking hench in an evening dress). Its quite amazing the difference a year makes. This time last year I was moaning about my turkey legs, and dying to wear skinny jeans.
Well the thighs are going down, slowly but surely. I finally gave up smoking, and I am pretty fit (and don't I know it). But it's not enough. The next phase is the targeted summer wardrobe slim down. I've bought the frocks (all size 12), and it's on beeyatches. It seems like it gets harder to maintain your figure, let alone lose weight as you get older. I went to my friend's 40th birthday party recently though, talk about holding back the years. She looks absolutely fabulous at 40. But then she did at 20, 35 and 39. Some people just have that real determination to stay fit and healthy. And they feel better that way.
But as much as I feel good being able to run, jump and wine and go down (rarer and rarer these days), I feel well happy with some apple pie and custard, I feel irie with some bun and cheese, and I feel nice 'to bomba' with a big plate of 'ard food! LOL. But I guess sometimes, you just haf fe say no. Cos I feel nice in a pretty, short-ish, frock. And I feel irie in some white jeans, and I feel nice to bomba in some battyriders. Forget that last one, never had the bottle even when I was slim, and prob won't when I am again. Then again. I might be feeling irie.
5 comments:
I've been in a slump this past month....OK, three months. I'm traveling to Belize in December, so I'm being lazy, telling myself I have nuff time to get ready. I completely forgot about summer, until I read your blog. Shit. I've got some serious work to do.
Girlfriend. It's one step forward two self-sabotaging steps backwards! I love cake!
keep up sweet lady, inspire. kinda joined in and seeing the benefit. muscles up, stomach down, toning out. now if i can cut out the pasta lunches ...
The thighs slimmed down? WTF!
KZ
Like half an inch Zed.
Post a Comment