.jpg)
I've been trying to lose the same two stone for the last five years. I ain't gonna stop trying, but resolutions just beg to be broken don't they? So this year I'ma hedge my bets (see - make it easier for myself), and resolve to just be 'more consistent'. In everything. Exercising, eating healthier, pitching ideas, making contacts, looking fly, buying hot shoes, meeting fine brothers (shall work espesh hard on this one) and making cash baby.
It's kinda vague, and not goal orientated, but rather more attitude adjusting. Rather it's something to aim for because you can always become more consistent at anything. For instance, I will be consistent in checking a bitch if she tries to step to me at the club. No turning a blind eye to bitchy comments fearing gunshot wounds or even worse a torn dress. I will WHOOP DAT TRICK' if she steps out of line. Further, I will be consistent in cursing men old enough to be my father who tell me in front of my daughter how much they like my shape, making sure the words 'cats', 'chance' 'in hell' 'Grandad' figure in the cussing out. I'll also be consistent in telling my daughter that I was not created for the purpose of picking her 'baggy' dem off the bathroom floor, and if I should see said knickers I will consistently pack them into her school bag so that she can share them with her schoolfriends in double Maths.
As you can see it's a resolution with infinite possibilities for success. I mean its not like you're gonna be consistent in all areas at the same time, consistency will be staggered and achieved in different areas at different times, which means the possibilities for achievement are numerous, and can occur hourly, daily, weekly or even monthly.
Fuck goal setting - that's just way too stressful and control freakish and leads to a constant feeling of failure when you don't achieve them. Consistency in the pursuit of a better overall quality of life is the way to go. For me that is.
6 comments:
Is that you in the picture? Looks a lot like Aaliyah...
Anyway, Happy New Year!
Cant stop laughing at your posts! You are a brilliant writer, i loved the xmas post! Still laughing.
anyway hope you had a wonderful Xmas and new year
xyborg - If I wore a few extra layers of make-up I reckon we could pass as twins...
nneka - thanks girl - am loving your blog too, and have been telling my niger family all about you.
Resolutions are evil. Just there to remind us that we have issues with self control and discipline.. I like your ideas though. Especially the getting healthier bit. That's something I need to focus on...without making a resolution. :-)
I think you hit it dead on - it's all about changing the attitude, freeing the mind. Shit girl, you quit smoking already. It's all uphill after that, right? (do those patch things actually work??)
i agree about the resolutions!
Post a Comment