Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm bored...


I know it's been some time since I have posted. But let's catch up. I'm not strung out on drugs, nor am I an alcoholic (any more). To my great consternation, I'm still single, and I'm still gainfully employed for the big time newspaper.

In fact, it's that which has seen my life change in ways I would not have foreseen. I was very much a party girl, a social butterfly if you like. But when you have to get up at 5.30am on a weekday, motherfuck a midweek party.

I made up for it though on the weekends, staying out from dusk til dawn in various ghetto raves with my girlfriends. But I don't know, this year, something changed. And now, I no longer want to do this. Maybe I'm a late developer, cos some of my friends gave up on raving from time. But now, as I am fast approaching the ripe old age of *cough*-ty nine...it's my turn.

So what am I doing instead of staying out until the wee hours, and sleeping my Sunday away...? FUCK ALL! And ohmigod, do I hate it. It is so fucking boring. I think I am going die of the boredom.

And being bored is dangerous for me, because then I have to fill the void with some drama. And believe me there has been plenty of that too. Inappropriate flirtations, arguments with my family (really boring), comfort eating and comfort shopping.

Those two don't really co-exist that well though, because if you comfort eat, you can't actually fit in any clothes that you want to buy. But thankfully we have shoes to compensate for that. New black and tan Mary Janes from Topshop...they're the bomb. Apart from the fact that they are killing my corn!

I work, I go gym, and then I go home, trying desperately to get into bed before eleven o' clock, so that I won't be moody and curse out my 'boss'. Yeah I have a new boss, but more about him later...

The weather hasn't exactly helped, but I'm hoping that now we are actually in the midst of British Summer Time, things might perk up somewhat. I need some new adventures. Especially if I'm gonna have something to tell y'all here!

4 comments:

CiCiWryter said...

Wow, what a pleasant surprise! See I been thinkin, "she aint right", she found her man and won't even share the news with her favorite lurker lol. sorry you havent found your guy but I'm glad you're okay. our lives are so similar,and now that my baby has found a weekend job and really is developing a life of her own I'm 'comforting' myself with bbq ruffles way too much. headed to work out when I'm done typing. but the ruffles were a better option than 'comforting' myself with a 24 year old boy-man, but I digress. think I'm gonna start traveling again, may even come across the pond again soon. Hang in there though while you work your way through the boredom blues.

Project1971 said...

Hello Ms Goldilocs, I would love to take you out for dinner in the near future, to discuss this bored ting eg: same ol' raving seen!

project3636

Chubby Chocolate said...

Ok this is too strange.

I just logged on today from a hiatus since August 2007 and I blogged for the first time in donkey years. I check out your blog and see you've done the same thing...WHAT's up?!

I spent three weeks in your neck of the woods (well, I was staying in Wembley)in February and I had a BALL!!! I bought six pairs of shoes, four purses and I was broke, but happy!! MISSED YA.

Butterfly Jones said...

heyyy project 71 thanks for the offer. I might just take you up on that!