Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Summer is coming...


The weather was really good for April (thanks global warming) and it was even sunny on my birthday for once, instead of the usual torrential rain. I got my new bike, she's a beauty, but bike theft is the latest inner-city sport so until I insure it, it nah go nowhere if I have to leave it on road.

Started running (again), as it took me two weeks to recover from the weekend of no sleep. I'm at the point where I resent the fact that I have an obligation to keep fit. Which basically means I'm out of shape. Again. Anyways after a pep talk from The Man Who Has Muscles In All The Right Places, who gave it to me straight (ouch you bastard) I knew I had to get back on the hoss.

The girls are running Mondays and Wednesdays and I plan to join them. Summer is coming blood. So I made the run from Kensington, through the park down to Knightsbridge, St James Park and then to Vauxhall. It was LONG. But it took me the same time as taking the tube home - which I hate - and was a great deal more pleasant.

New season clothes are in the shops and I'm always amazed at the new and varied ways the fashion industry come up with to make you feel like a mampy (heffa, fat, obese). Playsuits are a big feature, mini skirts and of course shorts. Think I'll give all of those a miss. Plus wide legged jeans. My legs are already wide - why would I want to draw attention to that? Gap make jeans for people with thighs the size of teenagers, and I clearly am not one which is why I can't buy a pair of jeans there.

I wish I could just wake up one day with the body I had at 21 - it was dope, but of course I never appreciated it. I'm trying to bring that bitch back.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Gallis said...

Good luck! And thanks. I thought I was the only one who had the whole resenting exercise thing! But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Jameil said...

good luck! i wish i could wear minis but they are much higher in the back than front... so high in fact that a sneeze would intro my nether regions to society. yeah.. that's a problem. i just am continuing to workout so that i can wear one of those bathing suits with all the cutouts when i go on vacay for my birthday in august.

Butterfly Jones said...

Pre-bikini season trauma is usually the kick I need to keep up my routine. Now there's an excuse to book a holiday!

Butterfly Jones said...

Ya gotta do it right Zesty. Just 30 minutes minimum a day - anything else is a bonus!

Anonymous said...

Don't we all want that body we had at 21. But you know, the scars that we carry each have their own little story, and that makes us all the more interesting. But damn I can't wait to hear how close you get to that goal.

Gooders Girl said...

Babe I have been trying to bring back dat bitch for seven months.I had to take a break! Now I'm back on it again. This Fat is fighting back with a vengence.