Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The time is now



If you hadn't noticed, new season spring/summer stock is in the shops. And if, like me you're not buying anything new because you are wearing the extra seven pounds you gained over the winter (okay a fucking stone then), now is the time you get your phat ass up off the sofa, and get busy calorie burning.

Contrary to popular belief, smoking does not keep you slim, it just gives you cancer, so that experiment is over. After a run to Victoria during which I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest, something had to give. So the patches are back on, and the mental affirmation, 'smoking kills, even you you fat bitch', is my new mantra.

I have set up a 21-day challenge with my buddy who works at the Other Big Time Newspaper in Wapping, to exercise each day for the next 21 days. Well, we have weekends off. We have to do a minimum of a 20 minute run, walking does not count. So far so good, I ran Monday, and today (even though it was raining). And I already feel more positive, I prefer being a smug fit person, to a smoke-infested lardy one. I'm even considering giving up the demon drink for the 21 days. Ok, I considered it. No fucking chance.

So people we are in March now - if you have a holiday, or a summer wardrobe you like and want to wear again - brave the elements, join a gym, or get a bike - and start moving that fat ass.

Sex counts too - but if you have a two-minute man, I guess you might have to find another activity to top you up.

6 comments:

Chubby Chocolate said...

BUTTA-FLLLY!!!!
I am sooo feeling you on this one!
I've been working with a personal trainer at his studio for the past two months. I'm determined to get this winter coat off.

Gallis said...

Coincidentally enough, there was an article in the Toronto Star about how moderate exercise curbs smoking cravings, so sounds like you are on the right track.

I myself had a whole chocolate bar to eat this evening.

Sigh.

Blah Blah Blah said...

I gave up everything but chicken, veggies and brown rice for Lent... I am dying! Can't make it until April 8th...I'mma break.

2 minute men...so ummm, that woul dbe like doing repetitions... 2 minutes on, 2 minutes cleaning it up, 5 minute wait, back to 2 minutes on and so forth. Ummm, I'd rather go to the gym...lol

Jameil said...

hilarious. i want one of those obscene monokinis not to be worn around children but i still can't get myself to go to the gym more than 3xs a week or eat anything resembling a veggie or a fruit more than once or twice a week. oh well.

Butterfly Jones said...

@CC - You go girl! I had to let my trainer go because of work pressures - but I miss him so. Let's compare pix soon.
@Zesty - Exercise is definitely helping. Who said anything about giving up chocolate!
@blah - LOL!
@jameil - Are vegetables those putrified things I often have to scrape out of the bottom of my fridge?

Lola Gets said...

Man, I didnt gain weight over the winter - Ive gained weight in the last 3 weeks! I started a new job as a cake decorator for an ice cream shop (an American thing, Ive heard), and I just cant stop snacking!

So, I am attempting to move my fat ass some more. Not so that Id look good in a bathing suit or anything, but just look better in my clothing as a whole. Wish me luck!
L