Saturday, September 23, 2006

Day Four: No Sleep Til´....

Forget holiday. The raving marathon continues. And so does my headache. Last night´s rave was at Lineker´s Bar, and Rampage flew in the spice things up a bit. I decided to have a ´dry´ night, no alcohol, and stuck with water. It´s not about falling sick from too much alcohol and dehydration.

Have got to know a few people from playing volleyball (mainly guys) and just being friendly in general. The woman to man ratio is high as expected, with around 10 girls to 3 man. It´s not really an issue for me, but it does manage to breed a bit of resentment among the girls, and in the toilets conversations seem to centre on the fact that women are ´screwing´ (eyeballing) each other. So far so good. Bad breed Butterfly has not had to make an appearance. I pray it stays that way as the lack of sleep generally affects my mood adversely making me even more short tempered than usual.

Other than that, there is generally a good atmosphere at the parties, and the men that are there are being respectful. Everyone is drinking sensibly and we´ve had no casualties, and don´t expect to, but this ´holiday´is not for the fainthearted. Because of my headache I really wasn´t feeling staying out late, but just as I was about to leave they started dropping the old school ragga and I couldn´t leave. We closed the dance at 7am....

I was well impressed with myself (´llow me) as I was wearing some of those fashionable short shorts. I have not worn shorts out in public since....19 long time. All that work did pay off as I felt good, and wasn´t feeling paro (noid) about my big thighs. I wore them with my jewelled TopShop wedges (last season) for added height and a nice black silky wrap top from ToSho (two seasons). It is nice to get dressed up everyday and go somewhere, that´s one of the nice things about holidays. You don´t really have a ´butters´(ugly) day.

I´ve had 2.5 hours sleep and we´re going on a day trip to the beach. I have my yellow polka dot bikini on, and the coach will be here in 15 minutes. I´m going for a full english now (sorry personal trainer). OY OY!!!

No comments: