Saturday, March 04, 2006

Nano Post

Charlie Dark's J-Dilla Tribute Party at the ICA was off the hook last night. I hope Dilla realised while he was alive how much he meant to people. The place was rocking to his music all night.

8 comments:

Hyps said...

I need to get out more. I feel like I'm missing out on so flippin' much sometimes! Anyway - how could a JDilla tribute NOT be good? lol Glad you had fun

Knockout Zed said...

Cats from Detroit...don't sleep!

KZ

Butterfly Jones said...

HS - I hadn't been to Blacktronica for a year! You must get out more, but studying will do that to ya. I finished my postgrad last year, tough but worth it.

Zed - I reckon I would settle in nicely there.

Chubby Chocolate said...

It's been a while since I've been to a nice party or club...I haven't shaked my ass in a long time!

Butterfly Jones said...

CC - girrrl, you know us Arians are Social Butterfly's, we must be where the party be. Plus, next to sex, dancing is my favourite thing to do! It is a really good night out, and I hope that when you come to London I can take you there.

Butterfly Jones said...

'flange - B'tronica would have provided the medicine for your pain, failing that a free Guinness with the entry fee!

Nkem said...

Pained. Would have loved to be there. Been listening to J Dilla's new album, and it's just, well, Donuts. So beautiful it brings a tear to my eye.

chrome said...

good stuff. jdilla was the man with his music. and a good spitter to boot.

rip dilla dawg